Race Reports‎ > ‎

Wayward 4 - Saturday 12 April 2014

posted Apr 13, 2014, 6:12 PM by Admin hycnz   [ updated Apr 14, 2014, 10:30 PM ]
Race report form Isis

Saturday morning the crew of Isis were ready a quick look around the farmers market resulted in lunch purchased handy as we were due in the wayward in the next thirty mins. A better start this time and we settled down for a downhill run, Small Red went up (oops did not know it was a no extras race) we slowly watched the fleet pull away, but to our surprise when we finished we were not too far behind!! Down wind is good for us!  Pot luck supper with friends was great on the beach. 

The next morning we awoke to the sound of fish jumping like crazy around the boat so it was out with the rod careful not to hole the rubber ducky and in less time than you can say Jack Robinson four fat kahawai were in the boat. Gave one to the old seagulls on the floating pontoon, smoked the rest, awesome!

The next morning we had our best start yet, nice sail home followed by an evening rum on Eye Spy, thanks Trevor and Jos. Looking forward to Easter and the start of winter races. Until next time Isis out!!!!!

Race report from Blue Beat

WOW what a weekend good winds great friends, life is good.

To all that didn't make it out there you missed a good one
BBQ on the beach ( sort of )

Coastguard  moving a pontoon from the bay that had 2 old seagulls on board ( whatever happen to them)

Race down 1 tack  sat on my bean bag with a drink  mmmmmmmm  bring on Easter!!!!

Race back was fantastic and a race with eye spy.
Cheers Gary

Race report from Eye Spy.
Wayward 4
Jos and I on board Eye Spy for the last of the Waywards. The forecast suggested that we were to get around 20knts from the West. I chose the number two headsail on account of it would be easier to launch the kite underneath it. Looking round for others to launch kites and it didn't happen so we gull winged the number two and hoped to hold our position. We lead the field for a time but were hunted down by the Commodore. A very relaxed sail to Owhanakei saw us cross the line in third place. Seems we would have been better off using the number one..........and the kite? turns out it was a no extras race.
The wind played the game and changed to North east for the return race on Sunday. We chose the number one this time and lead from start to finish. There was a hard charging "Montego Bay" and "Blue Beat" chomping at our behind but we held them off to win by a couple of minutes.
Thanks to Steve McCabe on the start/finish boat.
Great times had by all. Lee ho.........